You can create links to individual databases in one of two ways:
ELM Links: These links go through our Minitex server to access the databases. Anyone in Minnesota can access these links without a username or password.
Direct Links: These links bypass our server and go directly to the databases. Users can access these links without a username or password from your library. Outside of your library, they will need a username and password assigned by the vendor. With Direct Links, libraries have access to administrative modules for user statistics and interface customization options.
See directions to set up links below. Not sure which type of links to use? Please contact us for help.
Find the new ELM logos here!
To create ELM Links:
1. Find the database on the Databases A-Z List.
2. Click on the icon at the right of the database description.
3. Copy and paste the displayed link onto your website, LMS, document, or email message.
Users can access ELM Links without a username or password from anywhere in Minnesota. Outside of Minnesota, users will need a Minnesota library card number.
To create Direct Links:
1. Be sure you have registered your library's IP addresses in the IP Address Manager.
2. Find the database via its vendor on the Minitex Set Up page or the links below, then follow instructions for creating a link.
Users can access Direct Links if they are on your library's or school's computers. From other locations, they will need a username and password assigned by the vendor. With Direct Links, libraries have access to administrative modules for user statistics and interface customization options.