You can create links to individual databases in one of two ways. See directions below for setup. Still not sure? Contact us and we can help!
|YOU NEED||YOU SHOULD USE|
|A link to the resource only that works without a un/pw (only in the state of MN)||ELM Link|
|A link and usage statistics||Direct/Custom Link|
|A link and the ability to add your institution's logo||Direct/Custom Link|
|A link and the ability to add the resource to your ezproxy/SSO||Direct/Custom Link|
To create ELM Links:
1. Find the database on the Databases A-Z List.
2. Click on the icon at the right of the database description.
3. Copy and paste the displayed link onto your website, LMS, document, or email message.
Users can access ELM Links without a username or password from anywhere in Minnesota. Outside of Minnesota, users will need a Minnesota library card number.
To create Direct Links:
1. Be sure you have registered your library's IP addresses in the IP Address Manager.
2. Find the database via its vendor on the Minitex Set Up page or the links below, then follow instructions for creating a link.
Users can access Direct Links if they are on your library's or school's computers. From other locations, they will need a username and password assigned by the vendor. With Direct Links, libraries have access to administrative modules for user statistics and interface customization options.